For Immediate Release
October 29, 2014
Ramp from I-70 west to SR 315 north to Reopen Monday
Impacts to downtown traffic overnight Sunday
The wait is over. The well-travelled and popular ramp from Interstate 70 west to State Route 315 north will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, November 3, weather permitting. But before that can happen, crews will close I-70 west and more than a half dozen ramps to remove the barricades, barrels and detour signs.
Here’s the plan.
At 8 p.m., the following ramps will close:
- Main St. to I-70 west
- Miller/Kelton to I-70 west
- 3rd St. to I-70 west
- Mound St. to I-70 west
- Greenlawn Ave. to I-71 north
Also at 8 p.m., I-70 west is reduced to one lane at I-71.
And, I-71 north to SR 315 north is reduced to one lane.
At 9 p.m., here’s what will close:
- I-70 west will be detoured to I-71 north to I-670 west to SR 315 south.
- SR 315 north between I-70 and Rich Street. The detour is I-70 east to I-71 north to I-670 west to SR 315.
- I-70 east ramp to SR 315 north. The detour is I-70 east to I-71 north to I-670 west to SR 315 north.
- I-71 north ramp to SR 315 north. The detour is I-70 east to I-71 north to I-670 west to SR 315 north.
- One lane closed on the ramp from I-71 south to I-70 west.
By 5 a.m. Monday morning, all ramps, interstates and state routes will be open including the ramp from I-70 west to SR 315 north and the ramp from SR 315 north to Rich/Town Street.
The $650,000 project replaced the entire bridge deck after crews discovered earlier this summer that more than 75 percent of the road surface had deteriorated.
For up-to-date traffic information, construction information and road conditions, 24-hours a day, visit www.Ohgo.com