The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is continuing plan development to improve the interchange at I-270 and US 33/SR 161.
Hello and welcome to the ODOT District 6 website for the Franklin County I-270 and
US-33/SR-161 interchange improvements. My name is Fay Taylor, and I am the ODOT Project Manager. ODOT is working with its design consultant, CH2MHill, and the City of Dublin to complete the plan design for this interchange upgrade.
Feel free to check back often as we will be posting information regarding this design. In the meantime, you can contact me with any questions at email@example.com or call 740-833-8164.
Partners: ODOT and the City of Dublin
· New ramp configurations
· Eliminate the 4 major internal weaves and merges which improves safety
· Add capacity with additional lanes on I-270 and on US 33/SR 161
· Improve traffic flow
· Original interchange built in 1965. Traffic volumes have nearly quadrupled since then.
· Traffic volumes surpass capacity during rush hour
· Heavy traffic volumes cause slow movements
· Interchange shows signs of aging
· Priority ranking on ODOT Safety list
Status of Project:
· Design of the new interchange is in process and plans will be completed by August 2014.
· Project will be constructed in phases.
· Construction of Phase 1 to begin in 2015, dependent on funding.
Cost: Construction cost for the project is currently estimated to be $75 million for Phase 1 and $25 million for Phase 2.
Public meeting was held Thursday, May 16, 2013 at the Dublin Rec Center, 5600 Post Road, Dublin, OH 43017. You can also visit the City of Dublin's project website: http://27033interchange.org