I-75 Modernization Construction
For the week of December 9th – 15th
Sidney (Monday, December 9, 2013) – The following construction will be in effect in the area of the I-75 Modernization project in Dayton for the week of December 9th. Note: some of the construction may not directly affect the project, but could affect alternate routes in the surrounding area:
· US 35 eastbound between Smithville Road and I-675, Overnight lane closure December 10th at 8 pm to December 11th at 6 am. One lane will remain open to eastbound motorists at all times.
· Woodman Drive Ramp to US 35 eastbound, OVERNIGHT RAMP CLOSURE December 10th at 8 pm to December 11th at 6 am. Motorists can access US 35 from the Smithville Road interchange.
· I-70 westbound between Number Nine Road and Arlington Road, Daily lane closures December 9th – 12th between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm. One lane will remain open to westbound motorists at all times.
· I-75 southbound between SR 4 and US 35, Nightly lane closures December 2nd – 20th between the hours of 7 pm and 6 am. This will become a double lane closure between 10 pm and 5 am. One southbound lane will remain open at all times.
· SR 4 southbound Ramp to I-75 southbound, NIGHTLY RAMP CLOSURE December 2nd -
20th between the hours of 7 pm and 6 am. The official detour during this ramp closure is: SR 4 south to Main Street to I-75 south
· US 35 eastbound between Steve Whalen Boulevard and Smithville Road, Lane closure December 14th 9 am – 2 pm. One lane will remain open to eastbound motorists at all times.
· US 35 eastbound between Boltin St. and Smithville Road, 24 hour lane closures through December 15th. Two lanes will remain open to eastbound motorists.
· The ramp from US 35 eastbound to I-75 northbound, 24 HOUR RAMP CLOSURE through September 2017. During this time, motorists will be able to utilize the specially designed U-turn lane located at the Edwin C. Moses Boulevard exit.
· Roberts Drive between Fifth Street and Third Street, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE through September of 2017. The official detour during this closure is: Southbound- Perry Street to Fourth Street Northbound- Fifth Street to Wilkinson
· First Street between Robert Drive and Red Cross Lane, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE through September of 2017. The official detour during this closure is: Salem Avenue/First Street to Robert Drive to Third Street to Wilkinson to First Street.
· The First Street, Second Street and Third Street ramps along I-75 northbound and southbound, PERMANENTLY CLOSED. A newly constructed ramp is scheduled to open to motorists in the downtown area in December of 2016. The official detour during these ramp closures is: I-75 North to US 35 East to Jefferson St to First and Third Streets. (motorists can also use Main Street or Edwin C. Moses Boulevard)
· Currently none listed
ODOT closures focus on Interstate, US and State routes. For information on local roads you will need to contact the county, city or township where the road is located. Arrow boards and signs will be in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming closure. All work is weather permitting. Safety is a top priority at ODOT. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.
Ohio’s highways are essential to keeping and creating new jobs. With a mission to provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place, the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is responsible for maintaining one of the largest transportation networks in the nation. Guided by ethical principles and accountability, ODOT works to improve safety, enhance travel and advance economic development. As a $2.8 billion enterprise, the department wisely invests in its core services of snow and ice removal, annual construction program and highway maintenance operations.
For more information contact: Mandi Dillon, Public Information Officer (937) 497-6820
"Like” us on Facebook at ODOT District 7 Follow us on Twitter @ODOT_Dayton