ODOT District 7 Current Construction
For the week of February 17th –23rd
Sidney (Friday, February 14, 2014) – The following closures are currently in effect for the week of February 17th – 23rd:
· SR 67 between Dixie Highway and Blank Pike, 24 hour lane width restrictions December 2nd through May 2, 2014. One 11’ lane and 1 ½’ shoulder will be open in each direction at all times.
· SR 118 in both directions between SR 47 and White Coppess Road, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE February 3rd through April 30th. The official detour during this closure is: SR 47 to US 127 to SR 705.
· SR 202 between SR 41 and SR 571, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE February 19th through April 25th. The official detour during this road closure is: SR 571 east to SR 201 north to SR 41 west to SR 202.
· I-75 northbound between Stanley Avenue and I-70, Overnight lane closure February 19th at 9 pm through February 20th at 5 am. Two northbound lanes will remain open at all times.
· I-70 eastbound and westbound between Airport Access Road and Arlington Road, Daily lane closures February 18th and 19th between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm. One lane will remain open in each direction.
· I-75 southbound between SR 4 and US 35, Nightly lane closures January 20th through February 28th between the hours of 7 pm and 6 am. These will become double lane closures between 10 pm and 5 am. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
· Main Street ramp to I-75 southbound, NIGHTLY RAMP CLOSURES January 20th through February 28th between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am. The official detour during these closures will be: Main Street to I-75 north to Stanley Avenue to I-75 south
· The ramp from US 35 eastbound to I-75 northbound, 24 HOUR RAMP CLOSURE through September 2017. During this time, motorists will be able to utilize the specially designed U-turn lane located at the Edwin C. Moses Boulevard exit.
· Roberts Drive between Fifth Street and Third Street, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE through September of 2017. The official detour during this closure is: Southbound- Perry Street to Fourth Street Northbound- Fifth Street to Wilkinson
· First Street between Robert Drive and Red Cross Lane, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE through September of 2017. The official detour during this closure is: Salem Avenue/First Street to Robert Drive to Third Street to Wilkinson to First Street.
· The First Street, Second Street and Third Street ramps along I-75 northbound and southbound, PERMANENTLY CLOSED. A newly constructed ramp is scheduled to open to motorists in the downtown area in December of 2016. The official detour during these ramp closures is: I-75 North to US 35 East to Jefferson St to First and Third Streets. (motorists can also use Main Street or Edwin C. Moses Boulevard)
· I-75 southbound between CR 25A (Sidney) and CR 25A (Piqua), Daily lane closures February 18th – 21st between the hours of 8:30 am and 2:30 pm. One southbound lane will remain open at all times.
· SR 705 between Whiterd Road and Goettemoeller Road, 24 HOUR ROAD CLOSURE March 3rd through August 31st, 2014. The official detour during this road closure is: US 127 to SR 119 to SR 716
ODOT closures focus on Interstate, US and State routes. For information on local roads you will need to contact the county, city or township where the road is located. Arrow boards and signs will be in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming closure. All work is weather permitting. Safety is a top priority at ODOT. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.
Ohio’s highways are essential to keeping and creating new jobs. With a mission to provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place, the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is responsible for maintaining one of the largest transportation networks in the nation. Guided by ethical principles and accountability, ODOT works to improve safety, enhance travel and advance economic development. As a $2.8 billion enterprise, the department wisely invests in its core services of snow and ice removal, annual construction program and highway maintenance operations.
For more information contact: Mandi Dillon, Public Information Officer (937) 497-6820
"Like” us on Facebook at ODOT District 7 Follow us on Twitter @ODOT_Dayton