Western Ohio Current Construction
For the week of February 4th – 10th
Sidney (Monday, February 4, 2019) – The following closures are
currently in effect for the week of February 4th – 10th:
· I-70 between US 68 and SR 72, Nightly lane closures
February 4th – 9th between 7 pm and 6 am. One lane will
remain open in each direction.
· I-70 between US 68 and SR 72, Width restrictions January
28th – September 2nd.
Two 11.5’ lanes are available in each direction, but there is a
narrowing bridge width restriction of two 10.5’ lanes between edge lines. The
bridge is 24’ wall to wall.
· US 68 near I-70, Lane closures December 1st
– July 26, 2019. One 12’ lane will remain open in each direction.
· I-70 between US 68 and SR 72, Traffic pattern shift
September 24th - August 2019. Traffic is shifted to the outside
portion of the interstate. Two lanes are available in each direction with
reduced lane width.
- Sweitzer Street/West Fourth Street between
Pine Street and Sycamore Street, ROAD CLOSURE May 21st
– May 31, 2019. The official
detour is: Pine Street to Washington Avenue to Broadway.
· SR 48 between First Street and Riverdale Street, Lane closures April 2nd,
2018 – April 1st, 2019. One
lane will remain open in each direction. *Both
lanes of traffic will operate on the west side of the bridge, the east side
will be closed.
· Logan – SR 235 between Ash Avenue and Lake Drive, BRIDGE CLOSURE March 11th
– May 11th. The
official detour is: SR 235 to SR 366 to US 33 north to SR 385 east to SR 117
south to SR 235.
ODOT closures focus on
Interstate, US and State routes. For
information on local roads you will need to contact the county, city or
township where the road is located. Arrow boards and signs will be
in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming
closure. All work is weather
permitting. Safety is a top priority at ODOT. To help ensure the safety of
the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should
remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing
through the work zone.
The environmental review,
consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental
laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant
to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015,
and executed by FHWA and ODOT.