I-75 weekend work to impact traffic
As part of the improvements to the Interstate 75/Hopple interchange reconstruction, southbound I-75 traffic will be shifted this weekend to the west onto newly completed pavement between the Hopple Street and Western Hills Viaduct exits.
Work to implement this traffic shift w...ill require various ramp and lane closures on southbound I-75 through the weekend, with lengthy traffic delays expected for southbound traffic. The Ohio Department of Transportation recommends motorists seek an alternate route during this weekend’s work which will take place from 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 through 6 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Northbound I-75 traffic will not be impacted and will remain in its current configuration.
The lane and ramp closures to implement the traffic switch on southbound I-75 will be the following;
• Single lane closure on southbound I-75 and eastbound I-74, beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6.
• Double lane closure on I-75, beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6. Two lanes on I-75 between the Hopple Street exit and the Western Hills Viaduct exit will be maintained until approximately 6 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. The one lane that is maintained on eastbound I-74 north of Hopple will be merged into the two lanes that are being maintained on I-75 just north of the Monmouth Bridge over I-75 during this same timeframe.
• The on-ramp from eastbound Hopple Street to southbound I-75 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 until 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
• The southbound I-75 ramp to the Western Hills Viaduct will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 until 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
• All lanes on I-75 and I-74 are scheduled to be open to traffic by 6 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8.
• Portable changeable message boards and dynamic message signs will be utilized to alert motorists through the course of work. Again, motorists are advised to use an alternate route during this weekend’s work.