Traffic Switches Scheduled for Interstate 75 at Hopple, Mitchell
Hamilton County (Friday, July 12, 2013) - To accommodate a traffic switch on northbound Interstate 75 between the Hopple Street and the I-75/74 interchanges, the following traffic restrictions will be in place this weekend:
· A double-lane closure on northbound I-75 from 8 p.m. Saturday, July 13 to 10 a.m. Sunday, July 14.
· Closure of the ramp from Hopple Street to northbound I-75 from 10 p.m. Saturday, July 13 to 5 a.m. Sunday, July 14.
· Closure of the ramp from Bates Avenue to northbound I-75 from 1 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday, July 14.
· Periodic 30-minute closures on the interstate from12:01 to 5 a.m. Sunday, July 14.
This work will permit the shift of northbound traffic approximately four feet to the west.
Also this weekend, traffic will be shifted to new pavement on southbound Interstate 75 at Mitchell. Work to accommodate this traffic switch will require the following closures Friday, July 12:
· The ramp from southbound I-75 to Mitchell will be closed from 9 to 10 p.m.
· The right lane of southbound I-75 will be closed beginning at 9 p.m., followed by a double lane closure at 11 p.m., with all lanes to reopen by 5 a.m. Saturday, July 13.
· The ramp from Mitchell Avenue to southbound I-75 will be closed, beginning at 11 p.m.
· At approximately 5 a.m. Saturday, July 13, traffic will be switched to the new pavement.
· A single left lane closure on southbound I-75 will be in place until noon Saturday.
I-71 at Stewart
pavement work will require closing the left and center lanes of northbound Interstate 71 at Stewart Road Friday, July 12, beginning at 8 p.m. All lanes are to
reopen to traffic by 9 a.m. Saturday, July 13..
I-75 at Lockland bridge
On Sunday, July 13, bridge work will require closure of right lane of northbound Interstate 75 at the Lockland bridge (mile marker 11.9) from 7 p.m. Sunday, July 14 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 15.
Arrow boards and signs will be in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming lane closures.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.