I-75/Hopple project’s traffic restrictions for week of May 27
Hamilton County (Friday, May 24, 2013) - The Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange improvement project will include the following traffic restrictions next week:
· Various lane closures on southbound I-75 for barrier wall placement, overhead truss removal and ground mounting overhead signs. Single lane closures will be permitted from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. followed by double lane closures from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. On Tuesday, May 28, the closure will be in place one hour after the start of the Reds baseball game.
· Full closure of southbound I-75 for removal of overhead sign truss with 30-minute closures scheduled from midnight Wednesday, May 29 to 5 a.m. Thursday, May 30.
· In addition, flagging operations will be in place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on various side streets to accommodate staging of equipment and delivery of materials. One-lane closures on Bates Avenue may be in place between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., as well.
- Closure of westbound and eastbound Hopple ramps to southbound I-75 ramp on Wednesday, May 29 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Double right lane closure of northbound Central Parkway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29.
- A southbound traffic switch is scheduled for June 1 with the following closures to be in place:
· A double lane closure will be in place from 8 p.m. Saturday, June 1 until 10 a.m. Sunday, June2.
· The ramp from southbound I-75 to the Western Hills Viaduct will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday, June 1 until 10 a.m. Sunday, June 2.
· The ramps from eastbound and westbound Hopple to southbound I-75 will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday, June 1 until 10 a.m. Sunday, June 2.
· For this traffic switch, southbound traffic on I-75 between Hopple Street and the Western Hills Viaduct will be shifted to the east. One lane of southbound traffic will be shifted to the northbound side of I-75 via the use of a contraflow lane.