I-75/Hopple construction update
HAMILTON COUNTY (Monday, March 24, 2014) - As part of the improvements to the Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange, the following lane and/or ramp closures will be in effect this week:
· Various closures of Marshall Avenue between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily using flagging operations.
· The ramp from northbound I-75 to Hopple Street each night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Two right lanes of southbound I-75 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday, March 26 and Thursday, March 27 with multiple 30-minute rolling closures of southbound I-75 between midnight and 5 a.m. the following day. The ramp from southbound I-75 to Hopple Street will also be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
· Two left lanes of southbound I-75 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday March 24, Tuesday March 25 and Friday, March 28 with multiple 30-minute rolling closures of north and southbound I-75 between 12:01 and 5 a.m. the following day.
· Right lane of northbound Central Parkway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
· Various side street flagging operations for equipment moves, material deliveries and bridge work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Local law enforcement will maintain traffic. Arrow boards and signs are in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming lane and ramp closures. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.