I-75/Hopple construction update
HAMILTON COUNTY (Friday, Feb. 21, 2014) - As part of the improvements to the Interstate 75/Hopple interchange, the following closures will be in place this week to accommodate construction work:
· The Western Hills Viaduct on ramp to northbound I-75 and the ramp from Bank Street to northbound I-75 from10 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25;
· The right two lanes of northbound I-75 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Feb. 24 and Tuesday, Feb. 25;
· A right lane closure on northbound Central Parkway from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily;
· Daily closures on Marshall Avenue for bridge work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily;
· Daily side street closures for staging of equipment and delivery of materials from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Also, at 10 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24 utility work at the intersection of Central Parkway and Hopple Street will require turning the traffic signal off. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers during this time.
Arrow boards and signs are in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming work zone.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.