I-75/Hopple construction update
HAMILTON COUNTY (Monday, March 31, 2014) - As part of the improvements to the Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange, the following lane and/or ramp closures will be in effect this week:
· Left lane of southbound I-75 from 8 p.m. Monday, March 31 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, April 1.
· Two left lanes of southbound I-75 each night from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., with multiple 30-minute rolling closures of southbound I-75 between midnight and 5 a.m.
· Two left lanes of north and southbound I-75 from 8 p.m. Saturday, April 5 to 6 a.m. Sunday, April 6 with multiple 30-minute rolling closures of north and southbound I-75 between 12:01 and 5 a.m. the following day.
· The ramp from northbound I-75 to Hopple Street each night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Various closures of Marshall Avenue between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily using flagging operation.
· Right lane of northbound Spring Grove Avenue from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 1 and Wednesday, April 2.
· Various side street flagging operations for equipment moves, material deliveries and bridge work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Local law enforcement will maintain traffic. Arrow boards and signs are in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming lane and ramp closures. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.