I-75/Hopple interchange improvement project traffic restrictions
Hamilton County (Monday, May 20, 2013) - The Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange improvement project will include the following traffic restrictions this week:
· Various lane closures on southbound I-75 for material deliveries and sign and truss work. Single lane closures will be permitted from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. followed by double lane closures from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
· Full closure of southbound I-75 for removal of overhead sign truss with 30-minute closures scheduled from midnight Wednesday, May 22 to 5 a.m. Thursday, May 23.
· In addition, flagging operations will be in place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on various side streets to accommodate staging of equipment and delivery of materials. One-lane closures on Bates Avenue may be in place between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., as well.
- Closure of westbound and eastbound Hopple ramps to southbound I-75 on Tuesday, May 21 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day.
- Permanent closure of McMicken Avenue between Martin Luther King and Old Hopple Street beginning at 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 21 to begin construction of new Connector Road. Because this is a permanent closure, no detour will be established. The existing signal at the intersection of Martin Luther King/McMicken/Clifton Colony Drive will remain in operation until its removal at a later date. Clifton Colony Drive will remain open until its closure at a later date.
- Marshall Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Colerain Avenue to Central Parkway. This traffic restriction will be in place for several months to permit demolition of the existing structure on I-75 over Marshall Avenue, and to construct new structure in same location.