Interstate 71 Repaving Projects Update
Hamilton County (Friday, Nov.
2, 2018) - The Interstate 71 repaving projects require the
- South I-71 traffic between Stewart and Ridge roads will
be shifted to the outside lanes beginning at approximately 8
p.m. Friday, Nov. 2. This was previously scheduled for Oct. 31, but was
rescheduled due to rain. Switch will be in place by 6 a.m. Saturday, Nov.
- Close the ramp from Liberty Street to south I-471 from
9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 until 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 and
from 9 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5 until 5 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Various lane closures on north and south I-71 between
Reading Road and the Lytle Tunnel nightly from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Monday,
Nov. 5 until Saturday morning, Nov. 10.
- Continuous right lane closure on north I-71 between
Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Dana Avenue through 6 a.m. Friday, Nov.
16. The Martin Luther King Jr. Drive ramp to north I-71 will merge with
through traffic at the bottom of the ramp; the Dana Avenue exit will
- Continuous single lane closures in each direction of
Stewart Road at the I-71 overpass until Friday, Nov. 30.
- The left lane of south I-71 is a contraflow lane, using
the left lane of north I-71. Traffic will remain in this pattern until
Arrow boards and/or
signs will alert motorists of the upcoming restrictions. All work is contingent
To help ensure the
safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists
should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while
passing through the work zone. Move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic,
construction and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
For more information
contact: Brian Cunningham, Communications
Manager, at 513-933-6517 or Liz Lyons, Public Information Specialist, at
Know Before You Go!
For more detailed
traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute,
download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com.