Interstate 75/Hopple Street Project schedule
Hamilton County (Monday, Aug. 12, 2013) - As work to reconstruct and improve the Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange continues, the following will be in effect the week of Aug. 12:
• A right lane closure on southbound I-75 at 8 p.m. Monday, with a second lane closing at 10 p.m. Both lanes will reopen at 6 a.m. Tuesday.
• Close the Hopple Street ramp to southbound I-75 from 10 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday.
• A single lane closure on Central Parkway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday.
• A right lane closure on northbound I-75 at 8 p.m. Tuesday, with a second lane closing at 10 p.m. Both lanes will reopen at 6 a.m. Wednesday.
• Open the temporary replacement ramp south of Clifton Hills Avenue late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning, in conjunction with closing the Bates Avenue ramp to westbound I-74.
• A right lane closure on northbound Central Parkway, including the sidewalk to all pedestrian access at the northwest corner of Central Parkway at Hopple Street, from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
• Various side street single lane closures each weekday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with flagging operations, including Bates Avenue.
Also, a reminder that Marshall Avenue will be closed between Massachusetts Avenue and Central Parkway from 10 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times, and Marshall Avenue will be temporarily open to traffic for the day on Sunday, Aug. 18.
Arrow boards and signs are in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming work zones. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.