Winton Woods Park resurfacing project to start
Hamilton County (Wednesday, March 30, , 2016) – A project to repair and resurface various roads and parking lots in Winton Woods Park is scheduled to begin Monday, April 4 in the following locations:
· Lakeview Drive from Sharon Road to west of Bossi Lane
· Golfview Road from the Maintenance Complex to Springdale Road
· Valleyview Road from Springdale Road to 300 feet south
Work will be performed Mondays through Thursdays, 6:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., with no work being performed on Fridays through Sundays or holidays. Access will be maintained at all times with one-lane, two way traffic.
Weather permitting, the construction schedule submitted by the contractor, Barrett Paving Materials is:
· April 4 to April 7: Concrete curb repair, remove parking blocks, clean edges of parking lots
· April 11: Full depth pavement repairs; pavement milling for partial depth repairs on Lakeview Drive
· April 12: Pavement milling and resurfacing on eastbound Lakeview Drive (EXTENDED HOURS to 6:00 p.m.)
· April 13: Pavement milling and resurfacing on westbound Lakeview Drive (EXTENDED
HOURS to 6:00 p.m.)
· April 14: Pavement milling and resurfacing on Valleyview, Golfview, and parking lots
· April 15: Paint traffic markings and place parking blocks in parking lots
Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the upcoming work zone and lane restrictions.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.
For more information contact:
Brian Cunningham, Communications Manager, at (513) 933-6517
Liz Lyons, Public Information Specialist, at (513) 933-6534