Additional Routes Reopen This Afternoon
Chillicothe (Monday, May 3, 2010 1:30 p.m.) – Additional routes have been reopened today, May 3; however, crews from the Ohio Department of Transportation – District 9 facilities will be working throughout much of the week to repair and clean damaged pavement, shoulders, ditches and culverts.
In Lawrence County, both state Route 93 and state Route 141 have been reopened to traffic this afternoon. In addition, state Route 73 in both Adams and Scioto counties is now open to traffic, as well as S.R. 139 at White Gravel Road and S.R. 335 at Swauger Valley Road in Scioto County. S.R. 335 remains closed, however, at the 6.0-mile marker near Wheeler’s Mill.
Other closures that remain in effect in the District 9 region include:
• State Route 505 at U.S. 52 and Higginsport in Brown County;
• State Route 124 at Idaho, between S.R. 32 and S.R. 772, in Pike County;
• State Route 217, from east of Linnville to west of S.R. 378, in Lawrence County;
• State Route 243, east of C.R. 36 in Lawrence County;
• State Route 650 at Little Pine Creek Road in Lawrence County;
• State Route 522, between the intersections of C.R. 10 (Old 522) in Lawrence County;
• State Route 775, between C.R. 40 and C.R. 171, in Lawrence County.
Along with these closures, the emergency flood exit from C.R. 22 (Lawrence Street) to U.S. Route 52 in Lawrence County has been open to traffic. Motorists are advised to exercise additional caution where traffic will be entering the highway between Deep Cut Road and the state Route 93 exit at Ironton.
While the above-listed closures will remain effect until further notice, motorists must follow posted detours or seek alternate routes where no detour has been posted. They are also reminded that crossing any route which has been closed is strictly prohibited, and motorists are advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer, 1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
or 1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio
or email D09.PIO@dot.state.oh.us