Area Routes Affected By Flooding
Chillicothe (Monday, April 25, 2011) – The following routes on the state highway system remain closed today, April 25, due to flooding:
· S.R. 348 in Adams County;
· S.R. 141 at Wilgus in Lawrence County;
· S.R. 141, just north and south of Arabia in Lawrence County;
· S.R. 217 at Linnville in Lawrence County;
· S.R. 243 at its junction with S.R. 378 and at two locations just east of McKinney Creek Road in Lawrence County;
· S.R. 378, just south of Aid and just north of Getaway in Lawrence County;
· S.R. 522, approximately two miles east of the S.R. 650 junction;
· S.R. 650 at Little Pine Creek Road and just south of S.R. 522 in Lawrence County;
· S.R. 220 at River Road in Pike County;
· S.R. 239 at West Portsmouth in Scioto County.
· S.R. 73/104 ramp at S.R. 852/U.S. 52, west of Portsmouth, in Scioto County;
· S.R. 73/104 exit to the Second Street Bridge; and the
· Second Street Bridge at Portsmouth.
In addition, S.R. 141 in Lawrence County is restricted just north of Bald Knob-Dog Fork Road due to a slip. Crews are worked to make pavement repairs; however, motorists need to exercise additional caution when traveling in the area. And U.S. 52 West is reduced to one lane near the S.R. 93 exit as the emergency exit for County Road 22/Lawrence Street at Ironton has been opened to allow traffic to enter U.S. 52.
Motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited and to exercise additional caution when traveling over any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For information on additional lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer
1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio