Area State Routes Closed Due To Flooding
Chillicothe (Wednesday, March 9, 2011) - The following routes on the state highway system in Lawrence, Pike and Scioto counties are closed due to flooding:
• S.R. 650 at U.S. 52 and Hanging Rock in Lawrence County;
• S.R. 220 at River Road, south of Waverly, in Pike County;
• S.R. 73 at the Adams County line and Rarden in Scioto County;
• S.R. 239 at U.S. 52 and West Portsmouth;
• U.S. 52 exit ramp to S.R. 852;
• S.R. 73 underpass at U.S. 52 and S.R. 852;
• S.R. 73/104 South to the Second Street Bridge and Portsmouth; and
• Second Street Bridge from Portsmouth to S.R. 73/104 North.
These closures will remain in effect until further notice, and additional closures may be necessary as creek and river waters rise. Motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited, and they are also advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For information on additional lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer, 1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
or 1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio
or email D09.PIO@dot.state.oh.us