Bridge Inspections Slated For Ross, Highland County Routes
Chillicothe - Lane restrictions will be in effect on various structures in the upcoming week as crews from the Ohio Department of Transportation – District 9 will be performing routine bridge inspections in Ross and Highland counties.
Although the schedule will be contingent upon the weather and is subject to change, the inspectors are anticipated to be working in Ross County on Monday and Tuesday, followed by inspections on structures in Highland County on Wednesday and Thursday. The current schedule is as follows:
Monday, August 25
- State Route 41 near the 4.0-mile marker, over Paint Creek and just north of Bainbridge;
- U.S. Route 50 near the 37-mile marker, over Salt Creek and just west of the Vinton County line;
Tuesday, August 26
- State Route 104 (South Bridge Street) near the 10.0-mile marker, over Paint Creek and just south of Chillicothe;
- State Route 104 (South Bridge Street) at the 10.55-mile marker and the B&O Railroad spur at Chillicothe;
- State Route 159 (Bridge Street) at Stewart Road over the Scioto River in Chillicothe;
- State Route 772 (South Paint Street) over Paint Creek at the southern Chillicothe corporation limit;
Wednesday, August 27
- State Route 124 near the 25-mile marker, over Baker’s Fork Creek and just west of the Pike County line;
State Route 28 at the 17-mile marker, over Paint Creek at the eastern Greenfield corporation limit and the Ross County line;
State Route 138 at the 27.24-mile marker, over Rattlesnake Creek and near County Road 85 (Cope Road), south of Greenfield;
Thursday, August 28
- State Route 753 at the 13-mile marker, over Rattlesnake Creek and near County Road 25 (Paint Creek Road);
State Route 753 near the 4.0-mile marker over Rocky Fork Creek near Spargur Lane at Beaver Mill;
U.S. Route 50 at the 28.46-mile marker, over Rocky Fork Creek and near the Ross County line.
Lane restrictions will be in effect throughout each of the day, and traffic will be maintained by flaggers when crews are work. Motorists are advised of periodic delays, particularly on two-lane routes, and they are also reminded to exercise additional caution when traveling through the work zones.
For Further Information, Contact: Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer
Ohio Department of Transportation, District 9
1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834 in Ohio
1-740-774-8834, direct line and outside Ohio