Area Routes Affected By Flooding
Chillicothe (Friday, March 13, 2015 – 7:55 a.m.) – The following routes on the state and federal highway system in the Ohio Department of Transportation – District 9 are CLOSED due to flooding:
· S.R. 141 – from the 19.0 to the 22.0-mile marker, north of S.R. 775 to T.R. 320 (Old Forrest Ridge Road), approximately one mile south of the Gallia County line.
· S.R. 217 – from the 5.0 to the 6.0-mile marker, between T.R. 114 (Dick’s Creek-Windsor Township Road) and S.R. 378.
· S.R. 243 – from the 13.0 to the 14.0-mile markers, between C.R. 36 (McKinney Creek Road) and T.R. 85 (Rankins Creek-Union Township Road) and approximately 1.5 miles south of S.R. 378.
· S.R. 378 – at the 1.0-mile marker, just north of S.R. 243.
· S.R. 650 – at the 0.0-mile marker, at U.S. 52 and Hanging Rock.
· S.R. 650 – at the 7.0-mile marker, between C.R. 42 (Kellys Mill Road) and S.R. 522.
· S.R. 239 – at the 0.0-mile marker and U.S. 52 at West Portsmouth.
· S.R. 73 – at the 25.50-mile marker and the exit toward the Second Street Bridge and Portsmouth, under the S.R. 852 overpass.
· S.R. 73 – at the Second Street Bridge exit/entrance from Portsmouth.
These closures are in effect until further notice, and motorists are reminded that crossing any route which has been closed is strictly prohibited. They are also advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For more information on lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other traffic-related events throughout the state, visit ODOT on the web site at www.Ohgo.com
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer
1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio