Area Routes Affected By Flooding
Chillicothe (Wednesday, March 11, 2015 – 4:30 p.m.) – The following routes on the state and federal highway system in the Ohio Department of Transportation – District 9 are CLOSED due to flooding:
· S.R. 141 – from the 19.0 to the 22.0-mile marker, north of S.R. 775 to T.R. 320 (Old Forrest Ridge Road), approximately one mile south of the Gallia County line.
· S.R. 217 – from the 5.0 to the 6.0-mile marker, between T.R. 114 (Dick’s Creek-Windsor Township Road) and S.R. 378.
· S.R. 378 – at the 1.0-mile marker, just north of S.R. 243.
· S.R. 650 – at the 7.0-mile marker, between C.R. 42 (Kellys Mill Road) and S.R. 522.
· S.R. 239 – at the 0.0-mile marker and U.S. 52 at West Portsmouth.
· S.R. 73 – at the 25.09-mile marker and Ramp D toward the Second Street exit to Portsmouth, under the S.R. 852 overpass.
High water is also present at other locations on routes throughout the district, including S.R. 220 at C.R. 51 (River Road), south of Waverly, and S.R. 124 at C.R. 8 (Dry Bone Road) approximately six miles east of the Pike-Highland County line.
These closures and restrictions are in effect until further notice, and motorists are reminded that crossing any route which has been closed is strictly prohibited. They are also advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For more information on lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other traffic-related events throughout the state, visit ODOT on the web site at www.Ohgo.com