District 9 Travel Report
For the week ending November 28, 2015: The following traffic advisory includes road construction and major maintenance projects requiring lane restrictions and/or closures along the state and federal highway system within ODOT District 9. For statewide information regarding road conditions affected by weather, construction, maintenance or accidents, visit ODOT on the web at www.Ohgo.com
A culvert repair project is under way on various routes in Brown, Highland, Lawrence, Pike, Ross and Scioto counties, with crews working as weather permits. Throughout construction, traffic impacts should be minimal, and traffic will be maintained in a minimum of one lane with the use of flaggers and/or arrow boards as needed. The project is scheduled to be completed in mid-fall. (#14-0576)
A pavement marking project is under way, and crews will be striping routes throughout the district as weather permits. Traffic will be maintained on affected routes in one lane with the use of flaggers and arrow boards. (#15-1022)
Currently, there are no closures or significant lane restrictions on the state highway system due to construction or major maintenance projects.
S.R. 353 is now open at the 0.65-mile marker, between U.S. 62 at Red Oak and T.R. 4 (Mt. Aire Road), following a bridge replacement project. Crews have minor finishing work to complete; however, there should be little to no impact to traffic, all work should be completed by early December. (#15-0449)
NOVEMBER 30-DECEMBER 11: T.R. 144 (Fenwick Road) will be closed for additional work as part of a bridge replacement project. The project site is located between S.R. 321 and Pen Lane, adjacent to the entrance to the Mowrystown Cemetery.
A county road guardrail replacement project is under way, and crews are installing guardrail at various locations on C.R. 5 (New Market Road) and C.R. 58 (Dawson Road), as well as on several township roads, as weather permits. Throughout construction, traffic will be maintained in one lane with the use of flaggers, arrow boards or temporary signals. All work is scheduled to be completed in late fall. (#15-0407)
As part of a dual bridge replacement project, T.R. 225 (Holladay Road) is closed just north of its junction with T.R. 226 (Ervin Road). Traffic is being detoured via T.R. 205 (Griffith Road), C.R. 97 (Muhlbach Road), C.R. 7 (Mad River Road) and S.R. 138. All work is anticipated to be completed in mid-December. (#15-0136)
As part of the Hobart Road extension project, Hobart Road is now open to two-way traffic; however, restrictions are in place on U.S. 62 for turn-lane construction. Two-way traffic will be maintained in 10-foot lanes on existing and temporary pavement. With an interim completion of fall 2015, the entire project is scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2016. (#15-8003)
Harding Avenue in the city of Jackson is now open between Veterans Drive and Triumph Street following a bridge replacement project over Little Salt Creek. Crews will have finishing work to complete; however, there should be little impact to traffic, and traffic will be maintained by flaggers as needed. (#15-0110)
A drainage construction project is under way along S.R. 7 in the village of Chesapeake. Crews are working primarily off the roadway, between Symmes Creek Road and C.R. 3 (Old S.R. 7); however, lane restrictions will be in place during daytime, working hours, and traffic will be maintained in one lane with the use of flaggers as needed. The project is anticipated to be completed in late fall. (#15-0361)
The Ironton-Russell Bridge replacement project continues, with work being conducted off affected roadways. In addition to localized closures affecting downtown traffic, motorists are advised of equipment entering and exiting the work zone in Ironton and at the U.S. 23 viaduct in Kentucky. (#11-0628)
S.R. 104 is reduced to one, 11-foot lane between S.R. 551 and S.R. 552 at Lake White as part of the dam rehabilitation project. Traffic is being maintained with the use of temporary traffic signals, and the single-lane restriction will be in effect through January 2016; at which time, S.R. 104 will be closed. The entire project is scheduled to be completed in fall 2016. (#15-8021)
A fence installation project is under way along U.S. 23, where crews will be installing posts and fence along the right of way between S.R. 207 and the Pickaway County line. There should be no impact to traffic; however, motorists are reminded to exercise additional caution through the work zone as crews will be entering and exiting the highway. (#15-0446)
A bridge replacement project is under way on S.R. 335, where crews will be installing a box culvert at the 14.51-mile marker. The project site is situated near T.R. 192 (Adams Road), between C.R. 204 (Cathey Road) and C.R. 22 (Dewey Extension West), and throughout construction, traffic will be maintained in a minimum of one lane and on temporary pavement by flaggers and temporary traffic signals. All work is anticipated to be completed in mid to late Fall. (#15-0352)
A bridge rehabilitation and resurfacing project on S.R. 139 and S.R. 335 is nearing completion. Crews have minor finishing work to complete on S.R. 139 between Portsmouth and the Jackson County line and on S.R. 335 between T.R. 228 (Bennett Road) and T.R. 224 (Lyons Road), north of Minford; however, there should be little to no impact to traffic, and traffic will be maintained by flaggers as needed. (#15-0308)
Southern Ohio Veterans
- On Monday, November 23, the passing lane of both north and southbound U.S. 23 will be closed temporarily for crews to place barrier wall along the median. The single-day restriction is scheduled to be in effect from approximately 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- South Pershing Avenue will be subject to temporary, intermittent restrictions for excavation and paving. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers when crews are at work.
- North Pershing Avenue in the city of Portsmouth has been closed for reconstruction and relocation. The closure will be in effect through December 22, and while it is closed, traffic will be detoured via Marne Avenue.
- T.R. 237 (Blake Hollow Road) is closed for clearing, excavation, culvert installation and embankment work, and the closure will be in effect throughout the duration of the project.
- T.R. 234 (Shumway Hollow Road) is closed for relocation and interchange construction. The closure will be in effect throughout the duration of the project.
- Blasting operations are under way, and although there will be no affect to traffic during operations, residents in the general project area may experience sound or ground vibrations from the blasting, which is expected to occur weekdays during the noon hour and again in late afternoon or early evening. Blasting will continue intermittently throughout the duration of the project.
- Additional information regarding the Scioto-823 project is available online at www.pgg823.com
For more information, please contact:
Kathleen Fuller, District 9 Public Information Officer
1-888-819-8501, ext. 7748834 (toll free in Ohio)
1-740-774-8834, direct line and outside Ohio