Flooding Update: Restrictions Imparted In Lawrence-141
Chillicothe (Friday, March 11, 2011 – 11:15 a.m.) – Another route has been added to the list of restrictions in Lawrence County as water levels at the Ohio River and local creeks and streams continue to rise.
State Route 141 is now reduced to one lane near T.R. 153 (Arabia-Gallia Road) and C.R. 16 (Aaron's Creek Road), south of Arabia, as well as near the 22.0-mile marker and C.R. 4 (Etna Waterloo Road), just west of the Gallia County line. High water also has the following routes in Lawrence County reduced to one lane:
• S.R. 93, just north of Pedro and its junction with S.R. 522; and
• S.R. 217, near the 6.0-mile marker and Linnville, just west of S.R. 378; and
• S.R. 243, near the 14.0-mile marker, just east of C.R. 36 (McKinney Creek Road)
Currently, these routes remain open; however, their closure and other closures may become necessary as the Ohio River continues to rise and creeks begin to overflow. Along with the lane restrictions, the following routes in Lawrence, Pike and Scioto counties remain CLOSED today, March 11, due to flooding:
• S.R. 650 at its junction with U.S. 52 at Hanging Rock in Lawrence County;
• S.R. 650 at the 9.0-mile marker, just south of S.R. 522, in Lawrence County;
• S.R. 220 at River Road, south of Waverly, in Pike County;
• S.R. 239 at U.S. 52 and West Portsmouth in Scioto County;
• U.S. 52 exit ramp to S.R. 852 in Scioto County;
• S.R. 73 underpass at U.S. 52 and S.R. 852 in Scioto County;
• S.R. 73/104 South to the Second Street Bridge and Portsmouth; and
• Second Street Bridge from Portsmouth to S.R. 73/104 North.
All closures will remain in effect until further notice, and motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited. Motorists are also advised of the need for additional caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For information on additional lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer, 1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
or 1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio