Lawrence-522 Now Open; Scioto-522 Still Closed
Other Closures Remain In Effect Until Further Notice
Chillicothe (Tuesday, May 4, 2010 – 10:55 a.m.) – State Route 522 in Lawrence County is now open following its closure due to flooding. In Scioto County, however, S.R. 522 is still closed near Wheelersburg.
In addition to Scioto-522, the following routes in the Ohio Department of Transportation - District 9 region remain closed this morning:
• State Route 239 at U.S. 52 and West Portsmouth in Scioto County;
• State Route 505 at U.S. 52 and Higginsport in Brown County;
• State Route 141, between Arabia and Waterloo in Lawrence County;
• State Route 217, from east of Linnville to west of S.R. 378 in Lawrence County;
• State Route 243, east of C.R. 36 in Lawrence County;
• State Route 243 at S.R. 378 near Getaway in Lawrence County;
• State Route 378, just north of Getaway in Lawrence County;
• State Route 522, north of S.R. 650 and C.R. 10 in Lawrence County; and
• State Route 650 at Little Pine Creek Road in Lawrence County.
Motorists are reminded that crossing any route which has been closed is strictly prohibited, and motorists are advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For information on lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org.
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, public information officer
ODOT District 9
740-774-8834 (office) or 740-637-9037 (mobile)