Road Closure, Restriction Update
Area Routes Remain Closed Due To Flooding
Chillicothe (Friday, March 11, 2011 – 10:15 a.m.) – As creek and river waters continue to rise, high water is forcing lane restrictions on several routes in Lawrence County today, and the following routes are now reduced to one lane:
• S.R. 93, just north of Pedro and its junction with S.R. 522; and
• S.R. 217, near the 6.0-mile marker and Linnville, just west of S.R. 378; and
• S.R. 243, near the 14.0-mile marker, just east of C.R. 36 (McKinney Creek Road)
Currently, these routes remain open at this time; however, their closure and others may become necessary as the Ohio River continues to rise. Motorists are advised of the need for additional caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
In addition, U.S. Route 52 West in Lawrence County has been reduced to one lane between the state route 93 and 650 exits, where the emergency flood gates have been installed at McPherson Avenue in Ironton.
Along with these lane restrictions, the following routes in Lawrence, Pike and Scioto counties remain CLOSED today, March 11, due to flooding:
• S.R. 650 at its junction with U.S. 52 at Hanging Rock in Lawrence County;
• S.R. 650 at the 9.0-mile marker, just south of S.R. 522, in Lawrence County;
• S.R. 220 at River Road, south of Waverly, in Pike County;
• S.R. 239 at U.S. 52 and West Portsmouth in Scioto County;
• U.S. 52 exit ramp to S.R. 852 in Scioto County;
• S.R. 73 underpass at U.S. 52 and S.R. 852 in Scioto County;
• S.R. 73/104 South to the Second Street Bridge and Portsmouth; and
• Second Street Bridge from Portsmouth to S.R. 73/104 North.
All closures will remain in effect until further notice, and motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited.
For information on additional lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer, 1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
or 1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio