Routes Restricted, Closed Due To Flooding
Chillicothe (Thursday, March 10, 2011 – 11:00 a.m.) - Crews from the Ohio Department of Transportation's Lawrence County facility are reporting locations of high water on state routes 650 and 93.
Standing water is present between the 9 and 10-mile markers on S.R. 650, just south of S.R. 522, and water is also standing on S.R. 93, just north of Pedro and its junction with S.R. 522. Although both routes remain open at this time, motorists are reminded of the need for additional caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
In addition, to these restrictions, the following routes on the state highway system in Lawrence, Pike and Scioto counties remain CLOSED today, March 10, due to flooding:
• S.R. 650 at U.S. 52 and Hanging Rock in Lawrence County;
• S.R. 220 at River Road, south of Waverly, in Pike County;
• S.R. 239 at U.S. 52 and West Portsmouth in Scioto County;
• U.S. 52 exit ramp to S.R. 852;
• S.R. 73 underpass at U.S. 52 and S.R. 852;
• S.R. 73/104 South to the Second Street Bridge and Portsmouth; and
• Second Street Bridge from Portsmouth to S.R. 73/104 North.
These closures will remain in effect until further notice, and additional closures may be necessary as creek and river waters rise. Motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited.
For information on additional lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer, 1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
or 1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio