S.R. 239 Closing At West Portsmouth
Other Area Closures Remain In Place
Chillicothe (Tuesday, May 4, 2010 – 8:45 a.m.) – State Route 239 is now closed at U.S. Route 52 and West Portsmouth in Scioto County due to back water from the Ohio River.
In addition, S.R. 522 remains closed just north of Wheelersburg; however, crews are checking this location for any changes in water levels. In Lawrence County, the following routes remain closed this morning:
• State Route 141, between Arabia and Waterloo;
• State Route 217, from east of Linnville to west of S.R. 378;
• State Route 243, east of C.R. 36;
• State Route 243 at S.R. 378 near Getaway;
• State Route 378, just north of Getaway;
• State Route 522, north of S.R. 650 and C.R. 10; and
• State Route 650 at Little Pine Creek Road.
In Brown County, S.R. 505 is closed at its junction with U.S. 52 at Higginsport due to a slip; crews there will be working throughout the week to repair the site, and motorists will be detoured via U.S. 52, S.R. 133 and S.R. 125 in Clermont County.
Motorists are reminded that crossing any route which has been closed is strictly prohibited, and motorists are advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For information on lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org.
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, public information officer
ODOT District 9
740-774-8834 (office) or 740-637-9037 (mobile)