Scioto County Roads Remain Closed
Chillicothe (Friday, March 3, 2011) - A group of routes on the state highway system in Scioto County remain closed this afternoon due to flooding:
• S.R. 239 at U.S. 52 and West Portsmouth;
• U.S. 52 exit ramp to S.R. 852;
• S.R. 73 underpass at U.S. 52 and S.R. 852;
• S.R. 73/104 South to the Second Street Bridge and Portsmouth; and
• Second Street Bridge from Portsmouth to S.R. 73/104 North.
It is anticipated that the Second Street Bridge at Portsmouth will be reopened to traffic on Saturday, March 5; however, all of these closures will remain in effect until further notice. Motorists should detour by way of U.S. 52, and they are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited.
For information on additional lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org.
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, Public Information Officer, 1-888-819-8501, ext. 774-8834, toll free in Ohio
or 1-740-774-8834, direct line & outside Ohio
or email D09.PIO@dot.state.oh.us