Scioto County Routes Reopen
Other Closures Remain In Effect Until Further Notice
Chillicothe (Wednesday, May 5, 2010 – 10:30 a.m.) – State Route 239 and state Route 522 in Scioto County are now open to traffic following their closure due to flooding. However, state Route 505 in Brown County is still closed at U.S. 52 and Higginsport where a slip occurred late Sunday.
Crews from the Ohio Department of Transportation's Brown County facility are working to restore S.R. 505, but it is unknown how long the closure will be in effect. In addition, several routes in Lawrence County remain closed due to flooding, and they include:
• State Route 141, between Arabia and Waterloo ;
• State Route 217, from east of Linnville to west of S.R. 378 ;
• State Route 243, east of C.R. 36 in Lawrence County ;
• State Route 243 at S.R. 378 near Getaway ;
• State Route 378, just north of Getaway ; and
• State Route 650 at Little Pine Creek Road in Lawrence County .
Motorists are reminded that crossing any route which has been closed is strictly prohibited, and motorists are advised to exercise extreme caution when crossing any route which remains open but where standing water may be present.
For information on lane and road closures caused by construction, accidents, flooding or other related traffic events throughout the state, visit Buckeye Traffic on ODOT's web site at www.buckeyetraffic.org .
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, public information officer
ODOT District 9
740-774-8834 (office) or 740-637-9037 (mobile)