Special Hauling Permits for Oversized/Overweight Loads
These permits are issued for movement of vehicles which exceed the limitations on length, height and weight as established in the Ohio Revised Code, Sections 5577.01-5577.09.
An insurance policy endorsement form (OS-32) must be filed with the ODOT Special Hauling Permits Section prior to processing a permit application. ODOT District 11 Permit Office hours for these particular permits are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Roadway Usage Permits for any Work Performed on the State's Right-of-Way
These permits as required by the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 5515 are issued for all approved work performed on or occupancy of all state highway right of way. These permits generally apply only to state highways outside municipal corporations.
Examples of such permits are:
- Construction of residential, commercial or field drives
- Installation of drainage pipes and catch basins
- Excavation of banks and installation of fill material
- Installation of utility facilities
- MR505 Form (printable or electronic version)
- MR505 Form (Oil & Natural Gas Comanies ONLY)
For questions on Roadway Usage permits, please contact Candy Mason at (330) 308-3947. For questions on Utility Permits, please contact Jeff Diosi at (330) 308-3954.