Attention Downtown Motorists: Due to forecasted inclement weather, the reopening of the ramp from E 14th Street to I-90 west and the closure of the ramp from Ontario Street to I-90 west has been rescheduled for overnight WEDNESDAY, July 25. Beginning Thursday morning, July 26, Ontario motorists should use alternate routes to reach I-90 west including E 9th and E 14th Streets. Motorists may also continue straight through the Carnegie/Ontario Intersection, pass under I-90 and use Broadway to access I-490 west to I-90 west; or use Orange Avenue to access I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west.
Downtown/Gateway District Impacts:
- Today, Tuesday, July 24, the ramp from E 9th Street to I-90 west is closed until 2 p.m. Use the E 9th ramp to I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west.
- Today, Tuesday, July 24, outbound E 14th Street is closed until 3 p.m.
- NEW!! On Wednesday, July 25, the right lane of I-90 west wil be closed between E 9th and Ontario Streets from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- On Wednesday, July 25, the ramp from E 9th Street to I-90 west will be closed from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Use the E 9th ramp to I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west.
- Overnight Wednesday, July 25, I-90 west will be closed between I-77 and I-490 from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. Opt for the Alternate! Use I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west. **Please note: The Ontario and E 9th Street on-ramps to I-90 west will remain open until approximately 11 p.m. to allow Tribe fans to leave downtown after the game. The Ontario on-ramp to I-90 west will remain closed for about a year. Both the E 9th on-ramp and the NEW E 14th on-ramp will reopen by 6 a.m. on Thursday, July 26.
- Overnight Wednesday, July 25, outbound Ontario Street will be reduced to two lanes between Huron and the I-77 south on-ramp beginning at 11 p.m. as striping operations take place. Delays are expected and motorists are asked to avoid the intersection as these operations take place.
We’ll keep you updated as all the changes happen – just log-on to our website at www.Innerbelt.org, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too!