Attention Motorists: I-90 east (over the Innerbelt Bridge) between I-490 and I-77 is now closed through the weekend and is expected to reopen onto the new bridge by 6 a.m. Monday, November 25. Major delays along inbound I-90 east, I-71 north, I-77 north and SR 176 north are expected – particularly during the Friday morning rush. Motorists are detoured via I-490 east to I-77 north. Additional interstate impacts are below.
What’s the best way to avoid congestion? Ride RTA.
Our partners at RTA are preparing for a busy morning on Friday with extra service being planned. How do you avoid traffic on the roads? Get on the tracks. Use the Red Line Rapid, where additional service will be provided. Prefer a big bus? The Westlake, North Olmsted & Strongsville Park N Ride services will experience delays but allow you to sit back and relax, leaving the driving to RTA. Learn more here.
Additional advice to commuters is:
· Use alternate routes: The West Shoreway, Detroit Avenue and Lorain Avenue provide inbound access from the west. W 25th Street/Pearl Road provides access from points south. Crews will also temporarily reopen the W 14th Street Tremont on-ramp to I-71N/I-90E during the Friday morning commute. Broadway Avenue and Woodland Avenue provide inbound access from the southeast.
· Carpool: Riding with a buddy or two can reduce congestion.
· Use alternate forms of transportation: Bike and walk if you can!
· Allow plenty of extra time: Commute times are expected to increase during this closure.
· Pack your patience: Use good driving skills and sound judgment during the Friday morning commute. Be courteous to other drivers.