Attention Motorists: In order to make the final traffic switch and place ALL traffic on the new Innerbelt Bridge, inbound I-90 (east) will be closed between I-490 and I-77 beginning at 9 a.m. on Thursday, November 21. I-90 east will remain closed through the Friday morning rush and is expected to reopen onto the new bridge by 6 a.m. Monday, November 25. Click here for a map of the closure and alternate routes during the Friday morning commute.
Major delays along inbound I-90 east, I-71 north, I-77 north and SR 176 north are expected – particularly during the Friday morning rush. Motorists will be detoured via I-490 east to I-77 north.
Our advice to commuters is:
· Ride RTA: Leave the driving to someone else! Use RTA’s rail, bus, park-n-ride and other services to avoid congestion.
· Use alternate routes: The West Shoreway, Detroit Avenue and Lorain Avenue provide inbound access from the west. W 25th Street/Pearl Road provides access from points south. Crews will also temporarily reopen the W 14th Street Tremont on-ramp to the Innerbelt during the Friday morning commute. Broadway Avenue and Woodland Avenue provide inbound access from the southeast.
· Carpool: Riding with a buddy or two can reduce congestion.
· Use alternate forms of transportation: Bike and walk if you can!
· Allow plenty of extra time: Commute times are expected to increase during this closure.
· Pack your patience: Use good driving skills and sound judgment during the Friday morning commute. Be courteous to other drivers.
Due to this weekend’s forecasted inclement weather and subsequent holiday travel week, work is being performed now in order to make the final traffic switch for eastbound motorists onto the new Innerbelt Bridge.