Attention Motorists: This weekend, crews will be working to shift traffic in the downtown area. In order to implement the traffic shift, there will be numerous closures along many downtown routes – including I-90 – this weekend! Motorists should use I-490 and I-77 to avoid the downtown construction! Very early Saturday morning (around 4 a.m.) the E 9th Street exit ramp will close, and will remain closed until about December 1. Motorists attending downtown events on Saturday should allow extra time to get downtown as traffic patterns will be changing and detours for many popular downtown routes will be in place. All routes into and out of downtown will be OPEN for both pre- and post-game Browns traffic, BUT the E 9th Street exit from I-90 east will be CLOSED.
While the Broadway, Ontario and Chester exits from I-90 east will remain OPEN, it’s likely they will become overloaded. Motorists are encouraged to "Opt for the Alternate!" and use I-490 to I-77 where they may still access E 9th, E 14th and E 22nd Streets as well as Carnegie Avenue. Riding RTA and carpooling are good ideas too! Additional weekend closures are outlined below:
Regional Interstate Closures
- Saturday, October 1 at 4 a.m., I-90 east will be closed between I-490 and I-77 until Sunday at 11 a.m. During the same timeframe, the I-71 north ramp to I-90 east will be closed as well as the ramp from W 14th Street to I-90 east. I-90 east and I-71 north motorists should use I-490 east to I-77 north to I-90 east. W 14th Street motorists should use Abbey Avenue to W 20th Street to the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge. (clickhere for a map of these closures)
- Saturday, October 1, I-90 west will be closed between I-77 and E 9th Street, from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. The E 9th Street entrance ramp will remain open. Use I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west. As soon as I-90 west is reopened, crews will close the ramp from I-90 west to I-77 south from approximately 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The I-90 west ramp to I-77 south will be closed AGAIN at 11 p.m. Saturday night until Sunday at 5 a.m. Use I-90 west to SR 176 south to I-480 east to I-77 north. (clickhere for a map of the I-90 west closure) (clickhere for a map of the I-90 west ramp to I-77 south closure)
- Sunday, October 2 at 11 a.m., I-90 east will reopen. When it reopens, the exit ramp from I-90 east to E 9th Street will remain closed for approximately 60 days.
- Sunday, October 2 at 11 p.m., the I-90 west ramp to I-77 south will be closed until Monday at 5 a.m. Use I-90 west to SR 176 south to I-480 east to I-77 north. (clickhere for a map of the I-90 west ramp to I-77 south closure)
- Friday, September 30, E 14th Street will be closed under I-90 at 8 p.m. until Monday at 6 a.m. (clickhere for a map of these closures)
- Saturday, October 1, E 9th Street will be closed under I-90 at 7 a.m. until Sunday at 11 a.m.(clickhere for a map of these closures)
For a complete list of long-term & permanent closures and operations - including a map of recent & upcoming changes - please log-on to www.Innerbelt.org and click on "Traffic Impacts." We appreciate your patience as we construct this vital span that will enhance capacity, provide jobs and help bolster our economy.