Downtown/Gateway District Impacts:
- On Tuesday, August 7, paving crews will be operating in the work zones at the Carnegie/Ontario intersection. Motorists should expect delays for trucks entering and leaving the work zones from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Overnight Tuesday, August 7, beginning at around 11 p.m. (after Tribe fans depart) Carnegie will be closed in both directions between Ontario and E 9th. Eastbound motorists on the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge will have to turn right or left onto Ontario. Inbound motorists on Ontario will not be able to turn right onto Carnegie. The intersection will reopen by 6 a.m. on Wednesday with a new right turn lane for outbound Ontario traffic turning right onto the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge.
- NEW!! On Thursday, August 9, inbound Ontario will have lane restrictions between I-90 and just north of Eagle Avenue, from 9 a.m. and noon. Motorists should expect minor delays.
- NEW!! On Friday, August 10, Orange Avenue will have a lane restrictions at E 14th Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kenilworth is closed under I-90 until 5 p.m. today, August 3. The roadway will open for the weekend and then close again on Monday, August 6 at 6 a.m. and remain closed until August 18. Use Starkweather or Fairfield.
- UPDATED!! On Monday, August 6, the W 14th/Abbey exit from I-90 west will be closed from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Motorists should use the Lorain-Carnegie or Detroit-Superior Bridges to reach Ohio City and Tremont destinations. Motorists may also Opt for the Alternate and use I-77 south to I-490 west to the W 7th exit to reach Tremont destinations or to use Abbey to reach Ohio City.
- Monday through Friday, August 6-10, W 13th Street between Fairfield and Abbey will have intermittent closures for steel deliveries. Motorists can always reach Abbey via Fairfield and W 11th.
We’ll keep you updated as all the changes happen – just log-on to our website at www.Innerbelt.org, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too!