Flakes are flying, winter is approaching and ODOT’s Innerbelt Bridge Project Team is completing work on the overpasses along I-90 near downtown Cleveland. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be working to return I-90 east to its “pre-construction” configuration – that means I-90 east will be reopened to three lanes and I-90 motorists will again have access to both E 22nd Street and Carnegie Avenue! Among other changes, access from SR 176 (the Jennings Freeway) to I-71 north and I-90 east will also be restored. All of these changes are expected to be in place by December 1. We appreciate your patience as we construct this vital span that will enhance capacity, provide jobs and help bolster our economy.
Regional Interstate Impacts:
- Through Friday, November 11, the ramp from I-90 west to I-77 south will have lane restrictions from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
- UPDATED!! Beginning Friday, November 11 at 8 a.m., the left two lanes of I-90 east will be closed at the I-90/I-490 split until 8 p.m. on Sunday, November 13. Motorists may not access I-490 east from I-90 east during this time. Motorists traveling to E 55th may continue on I-90 east to Chester Avenue to E 55th. Motorists traveling to I-77 can take I-71/SR 176 south to I-480 east to access I-77.
- Beginning Friday, November 11 at 8 p.m., the ramp from SR 176 north to I-490 east will have a lane closure until 8 p.m. on Sunday, November 13.
- On Friday and Saturday, November 11-12, the ramp from E 9th Street to I-77 south will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Motorists can use the Ontario ramp to access I-77 south.
- Saturday, November 12, the ramp from I-77 north to I-90 east and E 9th Street will have a lane restriction from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. At the end of Saturday, the ramp will be restored to having one lane that must exit for E 9th Street and Orange Avenue and one lane that continues to I-90 east. The vinyl channelizers on I-90 will remain in place until the following weekend, November 18-20.
- Saturday, November 12, the ramp from I-90 west to I-77 south will be closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Motorists can use I-71/SR 176 south to I-480 east to access I-77.
- Through Friday, November 11, E 9th Street and E 14th Street will have lane restrictions from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Notice of Upcoming Work: Nighttime pile driving will begin on or after November 14. This nearly round-the-clock work will take about three weeks. For more info, check out our FAQs!
- Through Saturday, November 12, Starkweather Avenue will have alternating one-way traffic from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.