Congrats to the Cleveland Indians on winning the American League Championship last night. This photo was snapped during the eastbound #GVVBridge opening with the hot dog mascots and the #ThisisCLE figure. Good luck to the Indians in the World Series which starts next week. Any upcoming necessary lane closures and restrictions will be scheduled to have the least amount of impact possible on those heading to Progressive Field to cheer on the Cleveland Indians! #RallyTogether
· Overnight tonight Thursday, Oct. 20, I-90 east over the #GVVBridge will close from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. as crews begin preparations for the weekend closure of I-90 east. Motorists should Opt for the Alternate and use I-490 east to I-77 north.
· Weather permitting through Friday, October 21, crews will be working on I-90 east between Lorain Avenue and I-490 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to make changes to overhead signs leading to the #GVVBridge. Motorists should be alert for various lane closures.
o In addition to these lane closures, the West 41st Street entrance ramp to I-90 east and I-90 eastbound exit ramp to West 25th Street will be closed overnight from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. West 41st Street motorists will be detoured via West 44th Street to I-90 west to Lorain Avenue to I-90 east. I-90 eastbound motorists will be detoured via West 41st Street to Lorain Avenue to West 25th Street.
· On Friday, October 21, I-90 east over the #GVVBridge and I-71 north at I-90 will close from 8:15 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, October 24. Motorists should Opt for the Alternate and use I-490 east to I-77 north.
· In addition to the above mentioned closure of I-90 east on Friday:
o The West 41st Street entrance ramp to I-90 east and I-90 eastbound exit ramp to West 25th Street will close Friday at 8:15 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday. West 41st Street motorists will be detoured via West 44th Street to I-90 west to Lorain Avenue to I-90 east. I-90 eastbound motorists destined for West 25th Street will be detoured via West 41st Street to Lorain Avenue to West 25th Street
o The I-90 eastbound exit ramps to I-71 south and SR 176 south will close Friday at 8:15 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, October 24 for pavement marking operations. Motorists will be detoured via I-490 east to Broadway Avenue to I-490 west to I-71/SR176 south.
o The left lane of I-77 northbound at East 14th Street will close Friday at 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday.
· Overnight Saturday, October 22, there will be rolling road blocks along I-90 west over the #GVVBridge between I-77 and I-71 beginning at 8 p.m. through approximately 11 a.m. on Sunday.
What’s going on during all of this work? Crews will be removing the eastbound alternate route which was put in place at the onset of the #GVVBridge project. Beginning Monday when I-90 east reopens, there will be two lanes entering the #GVVBridge, I-71 north will have two lanes entering the bridge and the entrance from SR 176 to the bridge will reopen for a total of five lanes in the eastbound direction. Other changes starting October 24 will include the West 14th St. entrance ramp to I-90 east will reopen, the ramp from I-77 north to I-90 east will be returned to one lane, the delineators which separate traffic from I-90 and I-77 will be relocated and access from I-90 east to Carnegie Avenue will be returned.