Attention Downtown Commuters: Crews work to set structural steel beams over Ontario Street near Progressive Field. This requires both daily and nightly traffic restrictions. Work will be coordinated and closure times will be adjusted to minimize disruption to downtown events. More info is below. Continue to visit Innerbelt.org for all the latest Innerbelt news!
Downtown/Gateway District Impacts:
· Monday through Friday, April 1-5, Ontario Street will have lane restrictions in both directions between E 14th Street and Carnegie Avenue, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Motorists should be alert for equipment moving into and out of the work zone. The ramp from I-90 east to Ontario Street will remain open, however traffic will be shifted from the normal location.
· Monday through Thursday, April 1-4, Ontario Street will be closed between E 14th Street and Carnegie Avenue each evening between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. the next morning. This work will also require nightly closures of the Ontario exit from I-90 east and the Ontario ramp to I-77 south. Work will be coordinated to minimize disruption to downtown events.
· In addition, Tuesday through Friday, April 2-5, the left lane of inbound Ontario Street will be closed between Carnegie Avenue and Eagle Avenue, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for landscaping work in the median. The right lane of outbound Ontario Street will be closed Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· *NEW*Monday, April 1 and Tuesday, April 2, the right lane on westbound Carnegie Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· *NEW*Friday, April 5, there will be intermittent road closures on West 3rd Street under I-90 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Motorists may use Canal Road to bypass West 3rd Street while closures are in effect.
· *NEW*Tuesday, April 2, flaggers will control traffic on the Abbey Road bridge north of I-90 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Monday, April 1 through Friday April 12, Fairfield Avenue will be closed under I-90. Motorists should use Kenilworth or Starkweather as a detour.
Attention Transit Users: Because of Innerbelt construction work, buses will replace all rail service east of Tower City beginning at 8 p.m. through the end of service on Monday and Tuesday, April 1 and 2. On Public Square, buses will pick up and drop off near the Horseshoe Casino, and make stops at every Red, Blue and Green line station. Visit www.RideRTA.com or call the RTAnswerline at 216.621.9500 for more information.