Over the next few weeks, we’ll be working to return I-90 east to its “pre-construction” configuration – that means I-90 east will be reopened to three lanes and I-90 motorists will again have access to both E 22nd Street and Carnegie Avenue!
Among other changes, access from SR 176 (the Jennings Freeway) to I-71 north and I-90 east will also be restored. All of these changes are expected to be in place by December 1. We appreciate your patience as we construct this vital span that will enhance capacity, provide jobs and help bolster our economy.
Regional Interstate Impacts:
- The ramp from I-77 north to I-90 east and E 9th Street has been restored to having one lane that must exit for E 9th Street and one lane that continues to I-90 east. The vinyl channelizers on I-90 will remain in place until the following weekend, November 18-20.
- NEW!! The ramp from I-490 east to I-77 north has returned to having a single lane.
- NEW!! The E 30th Street/Woodland Avenue ramp to I-77 north is open.
- NEW!! Monday thru Friday, November 14-18, E 9th Street and E 14th Street will have lane restrictions under I-90, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- NEW!! On Thursday, November 17, the southbound lanes of E 9th Street will be closed. Use Ontario Street. The E 9th Street ramps to both I-90 west and I-77 south will remain open.
Notice of Upcoming Work: Nighttime pile driving will begin on or after November 16. This nearly round-the-clock work will take about three week as opposed to six or more working only days. Click here for more information.