|Attention Motorists: Labor Day weekend is the deadliest weekend on Ohio roads. According to ODOT safety experts, in 2010 more than 2,400 Ohio drivers were involved in crashes during the holiday weekend. This year, "Every Move you Make, Keep it Safe!" To help motorists plan their trips, ODOT provides a list of on-going construction projects from around the state which could impact their weekend travel. Visit www.BuckeyeTraffic.org. Remember... Opt for the Alternate! and use I-490 and I-77 to avoid downtown Cleveland construction. This week's Innerbelt traffic impacts include:
- Beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, September 2 and continuing until 7 p.m. on Saturday, September 3, the southbound lanes of E 14th Street will be closed under I-90 in order to perform work on the bridge above. Motorists should use E 9th Street.
- On Saturday, September 3, crews will close lanes on E 9th Street under I-90 from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. in order to perform work on the bridge above.
- On Sunday, September 4, the southbound lanes of E 14th Street will be closed under I-90 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. in order to perform work on the bridge above. Motorists should use E 9th Street.
- Tuesday, September 6, through Friday, September 9, motorists should expect lane closures on E 9th Street and E 14th Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for overhead bridge work.
- Beginning Tuesday, September 6 crews will permanently close the roughly 500-foot portion of Broadway Avenue running diagonally between E 9th Street/Orange Avenue and E 14th Street. Motorists may use either E 14th or E 30th Streets to access Broadway Avenue. The roadway in this area is being reconfigured to provide better access to a new "E 9th Street Extension" which will allow better traffic flow - particularly for heavy trucks - into Cleveland's industrial Flats.
- Each night Thursday, September 8 and Friday, September 9 - from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. - the southbound lanes of E 14th Street under I-90 will be closed.
Regional Interstate Ramp Impacts
- Tuesday, September 6, through Friday, September 9, the ramp from I-90 west to I-77 south will have a lane closure daily, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., for overhead bridge work.
- Overnight Thursday, September 8, crews will close I-90 west between I-77 and E 9th Street from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. in order to pour the concrete bridge deck above. Motorists will be detoured via I-77 south to I-490 west.
Closure dates/times may change based on special events and work conditions. Innerbelt e-mails include traffic operations which are new or different for the week. For a complete list of long-term & permanent closures and operations - including a map of recent & upcoming changes - please log-on to www.Innerbelt.org and click on "Traffic Impacts."