Attention Downtown Motorists: Access changes are coming as we prepare to open the new westbound Innerbelt Bridge this fall. Downtown motorists should be prepared for some upcoming closures which will impact how they exit the city! Be sure to visit www.Innerbelt.org and click on “Traffic Impacts” for the latest info.
Regional Interstate Impacts:
· NEW!! Overnight Tuesday, September 3, I-77 south will be closed between I-90 and I-490 from 12 midnight to 6 a.m. Detour using I-71 to SR 176 (Jennings Freeway) south to I-480 east.
· Tuesday night, September 3, I-77 north will have lane restrictions between I-490 and I-90 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday morning.
· Wednesday night, September 4, I-90 east will have lane restrictions near the ramp to the Innerbelt Bridge from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
· Each night Tuesday to Thursday, September 3-5, SR 176 (Jennings Freeway) north will have lane restrictions near the I-71 interchange from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the next morning.
· Tuesday, September 3 the ramp from E 9th Street to I-77 south will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Through approximately September 7, Abbey Avenue will remain closed under I-90. The one-way frontage road from W 14th Street to Abbey Avenue is also closed. Use the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge and the Innerbelt Bridge to detour; or use W 11th, Kenilworth, Willey and Columbus Road.