GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Friday, June 24, 2016) – The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures tonight and this weekend:
- Canal Road is closed under I-90 through 6 a.m. on Monday, June 27. Detours will be posted. Police will direct traffic at the intersection of Canal Road, Robert Lockwood Drive, Columbus Road, and Carter Road. When Canal reopens, it will be on a new alignment under I-90.
- At 7 p.m. tonight, crews will close the exit ramp from I-77 southbound to State Route 82 east in Broadview Heights. The ramp will remain closed until 6 a.m. on Monday, June 27 as crews continue to improve the I-77 and State Route 82 interchange. The exit ramp from I-77 southbound to State Route 82 west will also be closed for a short period of time during the weekend. More information here.
- Overnight tonight, crews will close three lanes on I-90 westbound, just west of East 185th Street, to institute a temporary traffic shift. Lanes will re-open by 5 a.m. on June 25. A temporary traffic shift on I-90 eastbound, just west of East 185th Street, is already in place for pedestrian bridge work.
- On Saturday, June 25, crews will close the right lane on I-90 westbound at I-77 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. in order to perform tree trimming operations.
- Daily from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. through July 1, crews will paint poles on SR 615 at the I-90 interchange in Mentor, causing occasional lane closures on SR 615 and its entrance and exit ramps to I-90. Work will continue through this weekend.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have been updated with work involving lane and/or ramp closures for the coming week:
- I-90 Travel Lanes and I-77 Ramps Resurfacing, Westlake, Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence
· Various Sign Repairs and Pavement Marking Operations
- State Route 44 Resurfacing, Concord Township
- State Route 615 Pole Painting, Mentor
- State Route 615 & I-90 Interchange Enhancements and State Route 84 & Norton Parkway Bike Trail, Mentor
- State Route 615 Bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad, Mentor
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the project(s) listed above.
For more information contact:
Follow us on Twitter @ODOT_Cleveland and Instagram @ODOT_Statewide
"Like” us on Facebook at Ohio Department of Transportation District 12 Cleveland
Please exercise caution in work zones. For statewide construction information visit: www.Ohgo.com
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.