GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Wednesday, December 12, 2018) - Below is a quick overview of the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) projects with updated lane closures and restrictions starting tonight through the following week. Click here to see a complete list of active ODOT construction projects.
I-77 Widening over I-490, Cleveland (CCG6A)
Overnight Thursday, December 13, crews will close one lane on I-77 north and southbound at I-490 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for pavement repair operations. Overnight Friday, December 14, crews will close one lane on I-77 northbound at I-490 at 8 p.m. and one lane on I-77 southbound at I-490 at approximately midnight through noon on Saturday for raised pavement marker installation. Weather permitting overnight crews will close various ramps at the I-77 and I-490 interchange for overhead bridge work. Find an updated schedule and detours at www.Innerbelt.org.
I-77 Exit Ramp to State Route 21, Cuyahoga Heights
On Thursday, November 13, crews will close the right lane on I-77 north from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for traffic shift operations.
I-271 widening, Bedford, Bedford Heights, Warrensville Heights and Oakwood
- Through 10 p.m. Wednesday, December 12, I-480 east is reduced to one lane leading up to the I-271 south merge for pavement tie-in work.
- Overnight Wednesday, December 12, crews will close the left lane on I-271 south at Alexander Road at 8 p.m. and the right lane on I-271 north near Braodway/Forbes at 11 p.m. through 6 a.m. Thursday, December 13 in order to perform pavement repairs and set barrier wall. Also, overnight Wednesday, December 12, crews will close the right lane on I-271 south near Miles Road - placing all traffic into the left contraflow lane - from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to perform a new pavement tie-in. I-271 south traffic wanting to access Rockside Road or Broadway/Forbes MUST detour via I-480 west to Miles Road to I-271 south. There is NO access to Rockside Road or Broadway/Forbes via the contraflow lane.
- Overnight Thursday, December 13, crews will close the U.S. 422 westbound ramp to I-271 south at 8 p.m. and the right lane on I-271 south near Rockside Road at 9 p.m. – exit ramp to Rockside Road - through 4 a.m. for traffic shift preparation operations. U.S. 422 west motorists will be detoured via I-480 west to Miles Rd. to I-271 south. I-271 south motorists destined for Rockside Rd. will be detoured via I-271 south to Broadway/Forbes to I-271 north to Rockside Rd.
I-480 Valley View Bridge Deck Replacement, Garfield Heights and Independence
- Overnight Wednesday, December 12, crews will close the right two lanes on I-480 east on the Valley View Bridge from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for traffic switch preparation work.
- Overnight Thursday, December 13, crews will close the right lane on I-480 east over the Valley View Bridge from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for traffic switch preparation work.
- Weather permitting Friday, December 14 at 7 p.m. through noon Sunday, December 16, crews will close various lanes on I-480 eastbound across the Valley View Bridge for traffic shift operations.
- Weather permitting overnight Friday, December 14 at 8 p.m. through 8 a.m. Saturday, December 15, crews will close the following ramps: I-77 north and southbound ramps to I-480 eastbound and I-480 eastbound exit and entrance ramps at Transportation Blvd. in order to perform traffic shift operations. I-77 and Transportation Blvd. motorists destined for I-480 east will be detoured via I-480 westbound to Granger Road (exit 17B) to I-480 eastbound. I-480 eastbound motorists destined for Transportation Blvd. will be detoured via Granger Road (exit 22) to I-480 west to Transportation Blvd.
- Overnight Monday, December 17, crews will close the left lane on I-480 eastbound across the Valley View Bridge from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. for traffic shift operations.
- Beginning Monday morning, all traffic on I-480 east - leading up to and across the Valley View Bridge - will be shifted to the right through late-2020 when construction of the new bridge and complete and all eastbound traffic is shifted onto the new bridge.
State Route 14 (Broadway Avenue) Bridge over I-77 and ramp to I-77 south, Cleveland (CCG6B)
Broadway Ave. over I-77 reopened with one lane in each direction on Tuesday, December 11. Through Friday, December 14, Roseville Court is closed at Broadway Avenue for pavement work. Frontage Road is closed in both directions between Pershing and Broadway avenues through summer 2019 to facilitate pavement work at Broadway Ave. Motorists destined for I-77 south will be detoured via Broadway Ave. to Pershing Ave. to I-77 south.
State Route 176 bridge deck replacement over I-71, Cleveland
On Saturday, December 15 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., crews will perform interment rolling road closures on the I-490 west/I-90 east ramp to SR 176 south for overhead sign work and bridge deck grooving operations. Motorists should expect minor delays in this area.
State Route 176 resurfacing,
December 13, crews will close various
lanes on SR 176 north and/or south between I-71 and Denison Avenue as well
temporary ramp closures at Jennings Road and Harvard Avenue from 8 p.m. to 6
a.m. for corrective pavement work. Detours will be posted.
Harvard Ave. Bridge over I-77, Newburgh Heights and Cuyahoga Heights
Overnight Friday, December 14, crews will close the I-77 southbound exit ramp to Harvard Avenue from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, December 17 for sewer main relocation operations. Motorists will be detoured via Grant Avenue to I-77 north to Harvard Ave.
For more detailed traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute, download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for these projects are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT