GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Thursday, July 18, 2013) – On Monday, July 22, crews on behalf of the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) will begin initial operations on Waterloo Road between East 152nd Street and East 162nd Street before pavement reconstruction begins. Once initial work is complete, Waterloo Road between East 152nd and East 162nd Streets will be closed to westbound traffic and a one way street only allowing eastbound traffic through mid-November. Westbound Waterloo Road traffic will be detoured via East 163rd Street to Trafalgar Avenue, East 156th Street to Lucknow Avenue to East 152nd Street.
The following lane closures will be in place overnight tonight, Thursday, July 18 in Cuyahoga County:
· Crews will close multiple lanes on I-71 north and/or southbound between Ridge Road and I-490 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to perform resurfacing operations.
· Crews will close the right lane on U.S. 422 westbound between Harper Road and I-271 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to perform resurfacing operations. Also overnight Thursday, crews will close the Harper Road entrance ramps to U.S. 422 westbound from 8 p.m. to midnight for resurfacing operations.
· Crews will close the I-90 westbound exit ramp to Lorain Road, the Southbound West 117th Street entrance ramps to I-90 eastbound and westbound and the Northbound West 117th Street entrance ramp to I-90 eastbound from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. in order to perform resurfacing operations. Detours will be posted.
In addition to permanent work zones, the following work is scheduled to take place over the weekend in Cuyahoga County:
Friday, July 19:
· Overnight Friday, July 19, crews will close the left lane on U.S. 422 westbound between SR 91 and Harper Road from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. in order to perform resurfacing operations.
· Overnight Friday, July 19, crews will close the I-90 eastbound and westbound exit ramps to West 117th Street, the I-90 westbound exit ramp to West 140th Street and the West Boulevard entrance ramp to I-90 westbound from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. in order to perform resurfacing operations. Detours will be posted.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures beginning overnight Thursday, July 18 through Friday, July 26:
I-71 Resurfacing, Cleveland
I-90 Resurfacing, Cleveland and Lakewood
I-490 Pavement Repairs, Cleveland
U.S. 422 Resurfacing, Solon, Warrensville Heights and Orange
Warrensville Center Road over I-480, Maple Heights & Warrensville Heights
Various Bridge Maintenance, Cuyahoga County
Various Repairs, Cuyahoga County
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the projects listed above.
For up-to-date information on closures and restrictions near downtown Cleveland and the Innerbelt Bridge visit www.innerbelt.org.
All work listed in this update is weather permitting.
For more information contact: