GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Thursday, June 25, 2015) – This Just In!! In order to perform work which will aide in reopening of the West 25th Street exit ramp from I-90 east, crews on behalf of ODOT will close the right lane of I-90 east at West 25th Street beginning at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, Friday, June 26. The right lane will remain closed through Saturday evening. Friday evening rush hour delays are anticipated. The West 25th Street ramp from I-90 east is now scheduled to reopen prior to the July 4th holiday.
Starting next week, construction on three projects in the city of Cleveland will begin work.
· The third and final phase of the Cleveland Lakefront West Project connects Cleveland's west side neighborhoods with the lakefront by creating multi-modal connections along the West Shoreway between West Boulevard and the Main Avenue Bridge. Further project details here.
· West Boulevard will be resurfaced between West 105th Street and Madison Avenue. Further project details here.
· East Boulevard will be resurfaced between Euclid Avenue and St. Clair Avenue. Further project details here.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures for the upcoming weekend:
Weekend Long Work:
· On Friday, June 26, crews will close one lane on SR 237 north and southbound between Eastland Road and SR 17 from 7 p.m. through 6 a.m. Monday, June 29 in order to perform pavement repair operations. Also during this work, crews will maintain traffic on airport entrance and exit ramps at half-width for pavement repair operations.
Saturday, June 27:
· On Saturday, June 27, crews will close the right lane of I-77 northbound between I-480 and Brecksville Road (SR 21) from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. All I-77 northbound motorists will need to use the contraflow lane.
Sunday, June 28:
· On Sunday, June 28, ODOT maintenance crews will close the right lane on the SR 2 eastbound exit ramp to I-90 westbound from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. in order to perform vegetation control and removal operations.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated or new work involving lane and/or ramp closures beginning the week of June 25:
I-77 Bridge Deck Replacement over Cuyahoga River Valley, Independence and Cuyahoga Hts
I-90 Eastbound Safety Improvement Project, Cleveland
Eddy Road over I-90, Cleveland
State Route 237 Resurfacing, Brook Park
Broadview Road (State Route 94) Resurfacing, Cleveland
East 105th Street Widening, Opportunity Corridor Section 1, Cleveland
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the projects listed above.
All work listed in this update is weather permitting.
For more information contact: