GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Thursday, June 27, 2013) – The following lane closures will be in place overnight tonight, Thursday, June 27 in Cuyahoga County:
· Overnight Thursday, June 27, crews will close the right lane on I-490 eastbound between the Cuyahoga River Bridge and I-77 and close one lane on the East 55th Street entrance ramp to I-490 westbound from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. for pavement repairs.
· Overnight Thursday, June 27, crews will close the right lane on U.S. 422 eastbound between Cannon Road and SR 91 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for resurfacing operations. Also overnight Thursday, crews will close the U.S. 422 eastbound entrance and exit ramps at Harper Road from9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. for resurfacing operations. Both ramps will not be closed at the same time and detours will be posted with message boards.
In addition to permanent work zones, the following work is scheduled to take place over the weekend in Cuyahoga County:
Weekend Long Work:
· Overnight Friday, June 28, crews will close the right lane on I-490 eastbound between the Cuyahoga River Bridge and I-77, close the left lane on I-77 southbound ramp to I-490 westbound and close one lane on the East 55th Street entrance ramp to I-490 westbound from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 1 for pavement repairs. Also overnight Friday, crews will close the I-77 northbound ramp to I-490 westbound from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 1 for pavement repairs. Motorists will be detoured via East 30th Street /Woodland Avenue, left on East 30th Street to I-77 southbound to I-490 westbound.
· Overnight Friday, June 28, crews will close the right lane on U.S. 422 eastbound between Harper Road and SR 91 and the right lane on U.S. 422 westbound at SR 91 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 1 for resurfacing operations.
· On Saturday, June 29, crews will perform work on the West 74th Street and Madison Avenue from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Monday, July 1. Because of this work on Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30 RTA will Red Line trains from Tower City to the Airport with buses.
Friday, June 28:
· Crews will close the SR 91 northbound entrance ramp to U.S. 422 westbound from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, June 30 for resurfacing. Detours will be posted.
· Crews will close the right two lanes on I-90 westbound between the Rocky River and West 44th Street from 7 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 29 in order to perform milling and paving operations.
· Crews will close the following ramps – no two consecutively – northbound West 25th Street entrance ramp to I-90 westbound, West 44th Street entrance ramp to I-90 westbound, I-90 westbound exit ramp to Lorain/West 81st Street and West 98th Street from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. for paving operations.
Saturday, June 29:
· On Saturday, June 29, crews will close the left lane on I-90 east and westbound between East 55th Street and East 72nd Street from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. in order to perform median barrier repairs.
Sunday, June 30:
· Overnight Sunday, June 30, crews on behalf of the Ohio Department of Transportation will close Granger Road (SR 17) between Transportation Blvd. and Canal Road from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to perform resurfacing operations. Motorists will be detoured via Canal Road, Rockside Road and Turney Road.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures beginning overnight Thursday, June 27 through Friday, July 5:
I-71 Resurfacing, Cleveland
I-90 Resurfacing, Cleveland and Lakewood
I-480 Valley View Bridge Fence and Wall Repair, Garfield Heights, Independence, Valley View
I-490 Pavement Repairs, Cleveland
U.S. 422 Resurfacing, Solon, Warrensville Heights and Orange
West 74th Street, West 61st Street and Madison Avenue Bridge Improvements, Cleveland
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the projects listed above.
For up-to-date information on closures and restrictions near downtown Cleveland and the Innerbelt Bridge visit www.innerbelt.org.
All work listed in this update is weather permitting.
For more information contact: