GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Thursday, October 8, 2015) – The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures for the upcoming weekend:
Thursday, October 8
- Overnight Thursday, October 8 crews will close lanes on I-90 westbound at Chester Avenue from 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. Friday in order to perform sign work
Saturday, October 10
- On Saturday, October 10, crews will close the I-480 west ramp to I-77 north from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also on Saturday, crews will close the right lane on I-77 north between I-480 and Brecksville Road (SR 21) from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please see link for detour info
- On Saturday, October 10, E 9th Street will close between Carnegie and Orange Avenues from 2 a.m. to 11 a.m. Detour via East 14th Street. Motorists on I-77 exiting at E 9th/Ontario Streets will be permitted to Ontario Street only. Please link for more info
- On Saturday, October 10, I-90 east over the #GVVBridge will close between 1 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please see link for detour info
- On Saturday, October 10, crews will close the right lane on the I-480 eastbound ramp to I-77 southbound from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for pavement repairs.
Weekend Long Work
- Beginning Friday evening, multiple lanes will close on I-480 east between Clague and Grayton Roads from 7 p.m. Friday thru 6 a.m. Monday, October 9-12 for bridge operations. In addition, the Clague Road on-ramp to I-480 east will also be closed. Please see link for detour info
- Beginning Friday night, October 9 at about 9 p.m. West 25th Street will close in both directions between Clark and Lorain Avenues for bridge operations. Local traffic will be permitted to use West 25th Street between Clark Avenue and Swift Avenue and between Columbus Road and Lorain Avenue. The roadway will reopen no later than 6 a.m. on Monday, October 12. See link for more info
- The right lanes on I-90 east and westbound under Vrooman Road will close at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 10 for bridge painting. The westbound lane will reopen by 5 a.m. and the eastbound lane will reopen by 10 a.m. on Monday, October 12.
- Nights Thursday through Sunday, October 8-11 crews working through a permit with ODOT will close lanes on I-90 east or westbound at SR 91 (SOM Center Road) from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to wax a gas line in the vicinity.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated or new work involving lane and/or ramp closures beginning the week of October 8:
*NEW* I-71 Guardrail Upgrade, Cleveland
I-90 Eastbound Safety Improvement Project, Cleveland
I-90 Noise Wall Replacement, Bratenahl
U.S. 6/State Route 2 (West Shoreway) Conversion, Lakefront West, Cleveland
East 105th Street Widening, Opportunity Corridor Section 1, Cleveland
Warren Rd. /Triskett Road Resurfacing, Cleveland
State Route 17 Minor Pavement Rehabilitation, Brooklyn Heights
U.S. 20 eastbound at McMackin Road Intersection Upgrade, Madison Township
I-90 Bridge over the Grand River, Bridge Maintenance
Vrooman Road over I-90, LeRoy Township
State Route 2 Noise Barrier Installation, Mentor
Guardrail Repairs, Various Locations
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the projects listed above.
All work listed in this update is weather permitting.
For more information contact: