GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Friday, October 5, 2012) – In addition to permanent work zones, the following work is scheduled to take place over the weekend in Cuyahoga and Lake Counties:
Weekend Long Work:
· On Friday, October 5 at 7 p.m., crews will close two lanes on SR 2 westbound between SR 615 and Lost Nation Road until 6 a.m. on Monday, October 8 for pavement work.
· Overnight Friday, October 5, crews will close the right lane on SR 176 southbound between Denison Avenue and Spring Road at 8 p.m. through 6 a.m. Monday, October 8 in order to perform overhead sign and pavement work.
· Overnight Friday, October 5, crews will close the westbound Brookpark Road entrance ramp to I-480 eastbound at 8 p.m. through 6 a.m. Monday, October 8 in order to perform pavement repairs. Motorists will be detoured via Brookpark Road to State Road to I-480 eastbound. Also overnight Friday, crews will close the SR 176 southbound ramp to I-480 eastbound at 9 p.m. through 6 a.m. Monday, October 8 in order to perform pavement repairs. Motorists will be detoured via SR 176 southbound to Brookpark Road eastbound to I-480 eastbound.
· On Friday, October 5 at 6:30 p.m., crews will close the right lane on I-480 westbound on the Valley View Bridge until 5 a.m. Monday, October 8 in order to perform parapet work.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures or new traffic patterns.
· Through October, crews will close various lanes on I-271 north and southbound between Rockside Road and the Summit County line from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. for bridge painting operations.
· Through October, crews will close various lanes on I-480 east and westbound at Broadway Avenue from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. in order to perform bridge painting operations.
State Route 2 Pavement Repairs, Mentor and Willoughby
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the projects listed above.
For up-to-date information on closures and restrictions near downtown Cleveland and the Innerbelt Bridge visit www.innerbelt.org.
All work listed in this update is weather permitting.
For more information contact:
The ODOT District 12 Communications Office at (216) 584-2005