GARFIELD HEIGHTS (Friday, April 5, 2013) – In addition to permanent work zones, the following work is scheduled to take place over the weekend in Cuyahoga and Lake counties:
Weekend Long Work:
· On Friday, April 5 at 6 p.m., Brookpark Road between Tiedeman Road and Big Creek Parkway will be maintained with one lane in each direction until 7 a.m. Monday, April 8 in order to perform pavement work in the area.
· On Friday, April 5 at 7 p.m. crews will close the I-271 north and southbound Express Lanes under Maplegrove Road until 6 a.m. Monday, April 8 in order to perform bridge painting operations. Motorists will be detoured to the I-271 Local Lanes.
Saturday, April 6:
· On Saturday, April 6, crews on behalf of Thomas Fok and Associates will close one lane on I-271 southbound between Miles Road and Aurora Road from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in order to perform survey work.
· On Saturday, April 6, crews will close the left lane on I-480 eastbound on the Valley View Bridge from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in order to perform work in the parapet walls.
· On Saturday, April 6, crews will close the left lane in each direction on West 25th Street over I-71 through mid-August in order to replace half of the bridge deck. Also on Saturday, the southbound West 25th Street entrance ramp to I-71 northbound will close through spring 2014. Motorists will be detoured south on West 25th Street to Denison Avenue to SR 176 northbound/I-71 northbound.
The following Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) construction projects have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures:
I-480 Valley View Bridge Fence and Wall Repair, Garfield Heights, Independence, Valley View
State Route 17 (Brookpark Road) Deck Replacement, Brooklyn and Parma
West 25th Street over I-71, Cleveland
State Route 44 Bridge Repairs, Painesville Township
SR 91 over I-90 Bridge Sealing, Willoughby Hills
Maplegrove Road over I-90, Willoughby Hills
Click here to view the weekly construction update for more information on the projects listed above.
For up-to-date information on closures and restrictions near downtown Cleveland and the Innerbelt Bridge visit www.innerbelt.org.
All work listed in this update is weather permitting.
For more information contact: