Overview (continued from home page)
LBRS provides many benefits:
- Improves 911 response using current, accurate data.
- Improves accuracy of road inventory for better planning and assignment of work crews.
- Ensures accurate data for calculating mileage affecting funding.
- Ensures accurate municipal, township, and county boundaries for allocation of resources and costs.
- Reduced redundant data collection efforts while sharing data among all government entities.
- Saved taxpayer dollars.
ODOT estimates that the LBRS project will take three years. ODOT expects to incorporate the first counties in 2018 and will complete the incorporation of counties in 2020. Also, after the project is complete, there will be an ongoing effort to update and maintain data.
LBRS Data Status
ODOT has tailored each phase of the LBRS project to meet the needs of each county based on the current status of the county's data in the LBRS program.
Currently, LBRS county data collection falls into three groups:
No additional data required
Some data may be required
Complete data sets required
Explore the links to left to learn more about LBRS.